Hot Chelle Rae at The Roxy!
August 20, 2009 4:04 PM
AMP was invited out to a private show at The Roxy to check out a hot new band, Hot Chelle Rae! I was lucky enough to get in and wanted to bring you a recap of the show.
- 6:20pm: Hot Chelle Rae hit the stage for sound check and I get my first glimpse of the boys. Total rock stars with tattoos and really cool style. They have a pop/rock/electronic sound. I chat with the record label rep before the boys are ready for their interview.
- 6:45pm: Starrtainment Video [Check it out below]!! I get to meet the boys who are: R.K. Follese (lead vocals/guitar), Nash Overstreet (lead guitar/vocals), Ian Keaggy (bass/vocals), and Jamie Follese (drums). They explain that Chelle is pronounced “shell.” Super nice guys who are from Nashville. Two of them are brothers – cute. I can already tell which one is the heartbreaker of the band! I’m impressed by their list of influences which includes everyone from The Beatles to stuff that AMP plays! They also all have a crush on Megan Fox, but seriously, who doesn’t? The leading lady for their first music video, perhaps? Time for them to get ready to hit the stage. Good luck guys!
- 7:00pm: The fans start filtering into The Roxy and before you know it, it’s packed! Wait… Is that Ron Jeremy? It totally is… Only in Los Angeles. Everyone is getting their drinks and anxious for the show to start!
- 7:20pm-8:50pm: Show starts! They kick it off with a song called “Never.” Everyone all of the sudden gets close to the stage and a bunch of girls rush to the front. People are really digging them. Their slow song “The Distance” is really good and I get into it. Nash, the lead singer, is all over the stage and jumps off to run into the crowd. It totally surprises me! One girl runs up and grabs him, and he looks like he doesn’t mind at all. I can tell the fans are waiting to hear a certain song, and they finally play “I Like to Dance” which is their first single. These girls know all the words! Amazing. One more song left… It’s called “Nothing Left.” Fitting! The whole place is cheering.
- 9:00pm: I congratulate the boys on a great show. They’re off to San Francisco but say they can’t wait to come back to L.A. because the fans here are awesome. They’re going on a promotional tour that I’m sure will help the boys grow, figure out what works best for them, and find their place on the charts. Hugs and goodbyes! Check out the photos! (click to enlarge)