Corey Haim‘s longtime friend, Corey Feldman reacts to the news of Haim’s death by releasing a statement calling the former childstar, “wonderful, beautiful, tormented soul.” The two worked on seven films together, including License to Drive and The Lost Boys, they also starred in an A&E reality show, “The Two Coreys.”
For the rest of his statement and other celebrity responses to the untimely death of Corey Haim keep reading after the jump.
Corey Feldman released the following statement after being informed of the death of his friend, Haim:
I was awakened at 8:30 this morning by my brother and sister knocking on my bedroom door. They informed me of the loss of my brother, Corey Haim. My eyes weren’t even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face. I am so sorry for Corey, his mother Judy, his family, my family, all of our fans, and of course my son, who I will have to find a way to explain this to when he gets home from school. This is a tragic loss of a wonderful, beautiful, tormented soul, who will always be my brother, family, and best friend. We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference. Please respect our families as we struggle and grieve through this difficult time. I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived.
[Source: ET Online]
Many other stars took to their twitters to respond to the horrifying news that Haim had passed away including Ashton Kutcher, Alyssa Milano and Karate Kid star Ralph Macchio:
• Alyssa Milano (who once dated Haim): Just woke up to the sad, sad news that Corey Haim passed away. RIP sweet boy.
• Ashton Kutcher: Childhood hero
• Christina Applegate: My thoughts go out to Corey’s family and friends today. So sad.
• Ralph Macchio: Always so sad and disturbing when the addiction and demons prevail. RIP Corey Haim.
• Khloe Kardashian: So sad! God bless!!!
• Lisa Ling: Goodbye Lucus. RIP Corey Haim