#WeCanSurvive ON SALE NOW| CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS

M.I.A. Sounds Off On Lady Gaga… Really?

picture 12 M.I.A. Sounds Off On Lady Gaga... Really?

Up until recently, [lastfm]M.I.A.[/lastfm] was most well-known for her hit song “Paper Planes” that we play on AMP Radio. With the news of her upcoming CD, she also conveniently released some bitter statements attacking an AMP favorite… [lastfm]Lady Gaga[/lastfm].

[pullquote quote=”She’s not progressive, but she’s a good mimic. She sounds more like me than I f—ing do!” credit=”M.I.A. on Gaga’s originality”]

Out of what seems like nowhere, M.I.A. has started throwing some very serious punches at Lady Gaga in an NME interview, claiming that “her music’s reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is” and pointing out the many endorsements that were included in her “Telephone” music video.

The worst jab probably comes from her comments about Lady Gaga being a clone of, who else, but HERSELF. She says about their similarities, “…We both mix all these things in the pot and spit them out differently, but she spits it out exactly the same.”

93344822 M.I.A. Sounds Off On Lady Gaga... Really?

What I’m wondering is… why was this all necessary? It seems to me that somebody is craving some attention. I have to side with Team Gaga here, and my bet is that she’s going to stay classy as always and choose not to fight fire with fire. I’d like to know how she feels about all of this, but I won’t be surprised if she feels like M.I.A. isn’t someone really worth her time.

Are you on Team Gaga or Team M.I.A.?

More importantly… who’s making the t-shirts?

Comments

1. seaOMY1 says:

FROM A LITTLE MONSTER MISSS M.I.A YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SING AND YOUR ONE SONG ISNT POP COULTURAL MUSIC AT LEAST HER MUSIC IS MAKING THE BILLBORDS HOW BOUT YOU BITCH TELL HER I SADI THAT

2. marie martinez says:

wow.. really grow the fuck up MIA… GAGA IS THE SHIT!! GET OVER IT!!

3. marie martinez says:

OH YEA! ONE MORE THING! UR UGLY ANYWAY! LOL

4. LilMonster says:

Team GaGa all the way! that mia can’t even sing, really dunno how she can even compare herself to GaGa…

5. carol says:

TEAM GAGA!!

i like m.i.a but shes not nearly as successful in the music industry as lady gaga. paper planes was the only! song i’ve heard from m.i.a. …so she’s not really as big as gaga.

6. seaOMY1 says:

ugly bitch could go suck a cock dumb hore team gaga all the way

7. music lova says:

i LOVE both MIA and Gaga so i cant really side with either of them… i do think MIA’s comments are totally uncalled for BUT Lady Gaga does try and sound like MIA on that Wale track! you gotta admit that!! i bet she is just still bitter from that… all a publicity stunt, maybe?

and to seaOMY1, you obviously dont know much about music. MIA has WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY more songs than just Paper Planes. and MIA’s second album killed the charts at one point in time. she is more underground, but you obviously know NOTHING about that.

1. Audrey says:

Hey… don’t start bomming seaOMY1. She/he did nuthin to you. I know she/he did say some bad stuff. But don’t be so rude about it. I personally like Lady Gaga 5 times more than M.I.A. Actually, make that 15 times more.
      – With luv!… Audrey C.😀

8. Cristina says:

Well I love lady gaga and MIA was on the scene first but Lady Gaga has way more better music….period!

9. Jack Attack says:

TEAM GAGA!!!
    M.I.A. shouldn’t even be compared to Gaga.
    Gaga is way better.

10. seaOMY1 says:

and music lover i dont like mia and how im i saposed to know i only know 1 song so yea and they probably suck

11. lil monsta says:

iwell music lover i dont care lady gaga is bomb and she shouldnt be talking shit

12. lil monsta says:

i agree with cristia all the way

13. Audrey says:

TEAM GAGA

14. RELKIA says:

I PERSONALLY THINK THAT M>I>A SHOULD NOT AT ANY TIME B TLKJIN SMACK ABT LADY GAGA<WHO DOEZ SHE THINK SHE IZ COMPARING HERSELF 2 1 OF THE GREATEST PPL OF DA MUSIC BIZ?IFLY LADY GAGA<3333:):)

15. Amber says:

I am Fucking †eam GaGa of course. MIA dont talk shit about our Mama GaGa cuz we Li††le Mons†ers will find you.

16. Aleria says:

Team GaGa

17. alba23 says:

team gaga allll the way,
    m.i.a is obviously distraught at the fact that she has a one hit wonder whereas even unreleased songs of gaga’s are well-known.

18. Georgieee'forGaga says:

Gaga is THE shitt, personally, I dont think’ much of M.I.A i’ve heard one of her songs, it didnt even get up there, unlike Lady Gaga, shes on top, and as if she’d wanna be like you anyways. She has her own style, and signing technique. So don’t get there givin her shit mate. I Love Stefarni Joanne Angelina Germanotta❤ (:

19. Nichele says:

WOW…. I have been a longtime fan of MIA but am an ENORRRRMOUS Gaga fan and there is no doubt that I have to side with Gaga on this one.

First, the ‘endorsements’ in the Telephone video were placed there on PURPOSE. So for the idiots who can’t wrap their minds around the actual CONCEPT of the video – get your s*** straight.

Second, seems like MIA is looking for publicity anywhere she can get it and by attacking the biggest celebrity in pop culture/music she thinks she can get a buzz around her to generate more sales. This is what all the celebs do when their careers start to tank – they attack those who are much more succesful than themselves in order to get into the spotlight. I am pretty disgusted that MIA would even sink this low. Her words were spoken out of pure jealousy.

I love you Gaga!

20. daniel says:

you guys shouldn’t talk about MIA like that because Gaga is just one creepy person and you guys need to look at her recent pic, lol. something needs to fall on her head–that way she wakes up and smells the coffee.