#WeCanSurvive ON SALE NOW| CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS

Lady Gaga Takes on Arizona’s Immigration Law

lady gaga Lady Gaga Takes on Arizonas Immigration Law

At her concert in Phoenix on Saturday, [lastfm]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] took a powerful stand against Arizona’s controversial immigration legislation.

To hear what the pop star had to say, keep reading…

[pullquote quote=”You really think that us dumb, f***ing popstars are going to collapse the economy of Arizona?” credit=”Lady Gaga on the Arizona Immigration Law.”]

[lastfm]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] said other musicians asked her to join the Arizona boycott to protest the law, but she responded, “You really think that us dumb, f***ing popstars are going to collapse the economy of Arizona?” Critics say the bill relies on racial profiling and discrimination to stop the onslaught of illegal immigrants coming into the state.

Th 24-year -old singer is known for being a fierce advocate for her fans, also known as her Little Monsters.  She told the crowd, “I want you to let go of all your insecurities. I want you to reject any person or anything or any law that have ever made you feel like you don’t belong.”

With the words “Stop SB 1070” written on her arm, Lady Gaga pleaded, “I will not cancel my show.  I will yell and I will scream louder and I will hold you and we will hold each other and we will peaceably protest this state.”

Lady Gaga spoke with a local boy who was personally affected by the legislation.  “I met a boy today who is suffering. . . . He told me his house was raided because of a parking ticket or something,” Gaga explained. “They took his brother, and now he is in Mexico … It’s really (unfair), and it’s really disgusting. I think it’s important that people understand that it’s a state of emergency for this place and this state.”

You can watch everything she had to say below.  Do you think pop stars should get caught up in politics? Let us know what you think!

[Source: Perez Hilton]

Comments

1. jonathan Luis says:

this is a tuff one but as much as i love gaga i think its best to avoid this. personally the unfair part is that these illigals think they belong here when so many other people have struggled to come here legally, thats wrong in my opinion.

1. dd says:

ur a stupid kidd

2. Allie says:

I’m not a racist, but I hate that Mexicans think that the can come to America illegally, and then people are standing up for them. No. So these people are pretty much saying- Screw the law, I think it’s okay for you to do illegal things. It’s totally not OK!! Why are people standing up for theses aliens? i’m glad about the law. It’s not my fault that these people are having to be deported. It’s their fault. They deserve to be deported. We’re Americans. We don’t tolerate that. The people that think that it’s okay, they aren’t true Americans. They don’t care about their country. Look at some cities. You see how run down they are? The Mexicans are moving in, and are drawing Graffiti, and are just wrecking AMERICAN territory! Not only in Arizona, but EVERYWHERE!! Especially California!!! People should be scared to walk to the store. But, we are, because all these Mexican gangs. Its not right! Just stating my opinion!!!

1. rallen says:

well its not just mexicans you know

2. CinKay says:

Wow! Read what you wrote and you’ll realize that you are a racist. The world is bad because of stupid ignorant people like yourself. These people come here for a better life and get stereotyped as bad because of what people “think” they are or assume they are. Yes I’m half Mexican and I believe what Lady Gaga did is an amazing thing! And honey FYI “Mexicans” aren’t the only immigrants. Sheesh educate yourself before sounding like such a moron, maybe then you’ll learn something!

3. Maria says:

JUST BY LOOKING AT THIS VIDEO I CAN TELL LADY GAGA IS A LOVING PERSON CARING NONSELFISH STAR. I AM PROUD OF A FAMOUS PERSON BEING CARING AND NON SELFISH AND RESPICFUL MOST FAMOUS PEOPLE CHANGE FROM REGULAR NORMAL HUMANS FROM FAMOUS MEAN NON CARING HUMAN.BUT NOT THIS ONE, LADY GAGA IS ONE OF A KIND SUPERSTAR

4. susy says:

i think that this is good that popstars are getting caught up in this kind of things…..and sumthing else most mexicans come for a better life not all mexicans come to make harm to the united states and thanks too them all you ppl have food like vegitables and fruits because i have never seen any other type of race in fields working there asses off in the sun picking crops! and gangs yea they might be putting graffity in walls but itz not just mexicans that do it ! and why be scared to walk to the store if you don’t mess with them they dnt mess with you! and one more thing THEY ARE NOT ALIENS !