Turn Heads With Autumn’s Hottest Hairstyle Trends
Looking for a trendy, new autumn hairstyle that will give you the same sort of understated glamor that celebrities like Megan Fox exude? Fox has definitely perfected the polished bedhead look on our shortlist. Curious to see more? Check out these gorgeous style tips for fall!
Think Mad Men meets Mad Max; retro styling with rock ‘n roll sensibility. Don’t be afraid of frizz and texture. This style on Elizabeth Banks proves that you don’t have to be perfectly put together to look beautiful.
- STEP ONE Spray hair with texturizer and finger-comb strands as you blow-dry.
- STEP TWO Center-part the waves and tease at the crown.
- STEP THREE Spritz locks with gloss spray and pull hair into a ponytail, leaving face-framing strands loose.
Super Sleek Side-Part
Pin straight hair is so impossible for some that it has become the epitome of edgy. If you can sport sleek strands, take a note from [lastfm]Taylor Swift[/lastfm] and give your hair a deep, interesting side-part.
- STEP ONE Flip head upside-down and blow-dry hair. Gently rake hands through hair, but keep strands from looking greasy by limiting contact with the roots.
- STEP TWO Flat iron side-parted locks with one slow movement from roots to ends and spritz with hairspray.
Go with the flow and take your coif from the pillow to the office in a few easy steps. Zoe Saldana looks au natural with hair soft, tousled waves.
- STEP ONE Comb anti-frizz cream through damp hair and blow-dry smooth.
- STEP TWO Beginning an inch away from the roots, create loose curls with a medium iron. Or if your hair is naturally wavy, just let it be free!
- STEP THREE Shake hair out with fingers and mist with finishing spray.
High, Textured Bun
Be a pretty-in-punk ballerina. This look is hip on the runways, shows off your cheekbones, and is perfectly poised without losing that modern edge. [lastfm]Vanessa Hudgens [/lastfm] gets it right with a few stray strands peeking out.
- STEP ONE Apply thickening cream to damp hair and blow-dry with a large round brush for volume.
- STEP TWO Mist-in shine spray. Pull hair into a high ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- STEP THREE Gently wrap locks to form a bun and hold the updo in place with hairspray and tons of bobby pins.
Soft, Bouncy Curls
[lastfm]Katy Perry [/lastfm]takes bounce to a whole new level. Her hair looks soft, pliable, and feminine without looking too overwrought.
- STEP ONE Mist well-conditioned hair with leave-in conditioner and volumizer before blow-drying.
- STEP TWO Side-part hair and set with large rollers. Curl the bangs and crown backwards and wrap the sides under and down.
- STEP THREE Once hair cools, work styling cream through the spirals with fingers and spray with texturizer.
- What’s your favorite new hairstyle trend?
[Source: Yahoo! Shine]