Been practicing your arpeggios, polishing your tap shoes, and Slurpee-proofing your favorite jacket in anticipation of the season two premiere of Glee on September 21st? We know our AMP Gleeks love pics of the cast almost as much as they love show spoilers. We have both! Yes, yes. We know we are awesome.
Television blog, Zap2It, got an inside scoop on the premiere and got to watch episode one with the cast. Here is what you can expect from episode one:
- Jacob Ben Israel (Josh Sussman) gets a good chunk of screen time, and he’s hilarious.
- More contemporary hits: We already know that we’ll see [lastfm]Jay-Z’s [/lastfm]“Empire State of Mind,” but we also get [lastfm]Lady Gaga[/lastfm]‘s “Telephone” and [lastfm]Travie McCoy[/lastfm]‘s “Billionaire” courtesy of newbie Chord Overstreet.
- Will (Matthew Morrison) and Sue (Jane Lynch) teaming up and giggling together.
- For her audition, Sunshine ([lastfm]Charice[/lastfm]) sings a killer version of “Listen” from the “Dreamgirls” film adaptation.
- A catfight in the hallway
- The promised Asian hookup between Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) and Mike (Harry Shum, Jr.), with an explanation about how poor Artie (Kevin McHale) lost Tina.
- A Gleek tries out for the Cheerios, but we’re not saying who.
- Self-awareness – Lots of references to things we think about, but don’t usually mention, such as Kurt’s (Chris Colfer) fashion sense and Mike Chang’s marginal dance-only status.
- One Gleek gets surgery over the summer holidays.
- Finn (Cory Monteith) has some interesting chemistry with new guy Sam (Chord Overstreet)
[lastfm]Lady Gaga[/lastfm]‘s “Telephone?” [lastfm]Travie McCoy[/lastfm]‘s “Billionaire?” This season of Glee sounds like it will be an AMP listener’s dream come true!