We’re just hours away from [lastfm]Jay-Z[/lastfm], [lastfm]Eminem[/lastfm] and [lastfm]B.o.B[/lastfm] putting on one of the biggest one-night shows imaginable at Yankee Stadium in New York City. That got us thinking…if you could put together a one-night only concert, with two or three of the biggest acts around, who would you book? We’ve got five great ideas:
1) [lastfm]Beyonce[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Rihanna[/lastfm]: Girls night out at the stadium with Mrs. Jay-Z and RiRi would combine two of the biggest R&B superstars of the last five years. Throw in a great up-and-coming opening act ([lastfm]Janelle Monae[/lastfm], anyone?) and you’ve got a lot of soul in one space.
2) [lastfm]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Black Eyed Peas[/lastfm]: Okay, so they might not be the best musical match, but does anyone do “spectacle” better than these two groups? BEP has shown the ability to play on massive stages and not get overwhelmed (remember the band’s opening set for [lastfm]U2[/lastfm] at the Rose Bowl?) and Gaga…well…we all know Gaga.
3) [lastfm]Justin Bieber[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Miley Cyrus[/lastfm]: When Tweens Attack! The two leaders of the under-18 set combining forces would mean screaming teens and lots of chaperons.
4) [lastfm]Enrique Iglesias[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Usher[/lastfm]: Throw in [lastfm]Taio Cruz[/lastfm] for good measure, and you’ve got an international R&B show guaranteed to draw in women from everywhere. This would put Chippendale’s to shame.
5) [lastfm]Katy Perry[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Ke$ha[/lastfm]: Cheeky, cheeky and more cheeky. These two joining forces would be a lot of fun if nothing else. And they’ve even done a song together:
Have your say: