Glee Week: Favorite Season One Guest Stars
The date’s circled in red on our calendar. It has been since the final notes of “Over the Rainbow” last spring. That’s right, Gleeks everywhere, we’re just six days away from the return of “Glee!” Let’s take a walk back through season one – and look forward to season two – over the next few days, starting with our favorite guest stars of the first year!
1) Neil Patrick Harris – The Actor Formerly Known As Doogie can do no wrong as far as we’re concerned. As a school board auditor who always bested Will – in school and in life – Harris struck the right note between camp and realism. And it doesn’t hurt that he really can sing, too.
2) [lastfm]Idina Menzel[/lastfm] – For Glee fans who weren’t big Broadway fans before the series, Menzel was a revelation. For those who were, though, she brought every bit of the brilliance that she’s brought to, among other shows, the original cast of Broadway’s Rent. While her storyline seemed tightly wrapped at the end of season one, having shunned Rachel and adopted Quinn’s baby, we hope she still has a role to play in season two.
3) [lastfm]Kristin Chenoweth[/lastfm] – Her storyline, as a high school crush of Will’s that pretty much failed at life, left a lot to be desired. But there’s no questioning Cheno’s voice…
4) [lastfm]Olivia Newton-John[/lastfm] – In a role that could barely even be classified as a cameo, Newton-John gave “Glee” some of its funniest scenes of the year … though that’s easy to do when operating against the brilliant Jane Lynch.
5) [lastfm]Josh Groban[/lastfm] – This one might be pushing it, but watching the smug [lastfm]Josh Groban[/lastfm] play a fictionalized version of … a smug [lastfm]Josh Groban[/lastfm]? Inherently satisfying.
Time to take the poll…