Pink For October: Facts About Breast Cancer
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and AMP working in association with Stand Up 2 Cancer to find a cure. Part of the cure is prevention and in order to do that you need to know the facts about breast cancer.
- An estimated 39,840 women will die from Breast Cancer in 2010.
- Breast Cancer effects 1 in 8 women in the United States.
- 2.4 million women living in the United States have been diagnosed with and treated for Breast Cancer.
- Breast Cancer is the most common form of cancer among women.
- If you’re female and in your 20s, get a clinical breast exam every three years.
- In the United States, there are more than 2.5 million Breast Cancer survivors.
- Besides skin cancer, Breast Cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women in America.
- More than 1 in 4 cancers are Breast Cancer
- Mammograms should be part of every woman’s preventative health care. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
Your favorite AMP artists are involved in the cause to end breast cancer with Stand Up 2 Cancer including [lastfm]Rihanna[/lastfm] and [lastfm]Beyonce[/lastfm]. Check out their live performance from a Stand Up 2 Cancer event:
- And remember, don’t forget to SU2c!