We listed the scariest Halloween events going on in Los Angeles a couple days ago, but now we have the expert, David Markland from Creepy LA, to give us the inside scoop on some of the most haunted places in our own neighborhoods!
Creepy LA is your one-stop shop for all things haunted in Los Angeles. The creators developed an interactive Google map that catalogs all the spooky locations in our area. Listen to Carson’s chat with website author David Markland.
Want to check out those locations for yourself? Get more details by clicking on the links below:
- Alexandria Hotel: A security guard and several employees at the historic hotel have reported seeing a little girl walking around in a white gown and confirmed the existence of a secret underground tunnel system.
- Paul Bern House: The Hollywood producer, who was married to actress Jean Harlow, was found naked and shot in their Beverly Hills home under suspicious circumstances. Subsequent owners have heard sobbing and sounds of a struggle coming the location of the shooting.
- Point Vicente Lighthouse: One of the lighthouse keepers’ wives fell to her death here and is sometimes appears as a ghost-like vision on the grounds.
- Griffith Park: Numerous ghost sightings have been reported in the famous park.
- Avila Adobe: The sobbying of what is believed to be Francisco Avila’s widow can be heard in the master bedroom of the Olvera Street home. Mayor Avila himself has been seen wandering the grounds.
- The Entity House: The film “The Entity” was based on stories of a haunting that took place in an actual house in Culver City. Doris Bither, one of the former homeowners claimed that the ghosts would physically attack her.