It’s been an interesting week in music. First, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Britney Spears[/lastfm] debuted her music video for “Hold It Against Me” and then exactly a week later, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] released her video for “Born This Way.”
You might think the two pop divas would be competing exclusively with each other, but [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bruno Mars[/lastfm] actually rocketed to the top with “Grenade,” leaving both ladies to find a place somewhere on the list, but where exactly?
And more importantly, who else made the list?
1. Bruno Mars – “Grenade”
- Last week Lady Gaga bumped Bruno down to the number three spot, but this week he came back strong stealing number one from Mother Monster! But what will the Little Monsters have to say about it?
2. Pitbull – “Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor)”
- Pitbull couldn’t quite over throw Bruno Mars for the number one spot, but he held strong at number two. Will we see him take number one next week? There’s only one way to find out!
3. Edward Maya – “Stereo Love”
- Edward Maya is having a very good week. He went from the number seven spot last week all the way to number three. Is there a chance that he has the power to rocket to number one?
4. Lady Gaga – “Born This Way”
- Lady Gaga released her music video for “Born This Way” earlier this week, so maybe that will give her the gusto she needs to take over the number one spot from Bruno Mars. Cause if we know anything, we know she was born to top this list!
5. Enrique Iglesias – “Tonight”
- Enrique Iglesias is one hot piece of latin man meat. However, without his talent he wouldn’t have been able to stay in the number five place for two weeks in a row. But next week, will his direct approach of “Tonight” work for or against him?
6. Far East Movement – “Rocketeer″
- The resurgence of Edward Maya and his “Stereo Love” have proven to make things tricky for the guys of Far East Movement. They drop two spots to number six, but with their staying power, it’s likely that we’ll see them make a comeback next week.
7. Rihanna featuring [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Drake[/lastfm] – “What’s My Name”
- Rihanna might be the true powerhouse on this list, she’s got three songs on AMP’s Top Songs and they’re all in different positions than last week. Starting with “What’s My Name,” maybe Drake makes the difference?
8. Chris Brown – “Yeah 3x”
- Right now, Rihanna’s on top of Chris Brown, which is exactly where we hope she stays. Meanwhile, Chris works his way back into our hears with his party anthem “Year 3x,” which dropped two spots from last week.
- Things looked grim for our favorite pop princess when she dropped off the Top Songs completely, but this week she’s made a real comeback into the 9th spot. But if she goes away again, would you hold it against her?
10. Chris Brown – “Deuces”
- With two songs on this list, Chris Brown is giving Rihanna’s three songs a run for their money. It’ll be interesting to see where both artists and their prospective songs land on next week’s list.
11. Katy Perry – “Firework”
- Katy Perry’s wavering on the Top Songs. Last week she dropped down to the 13th spot, but came back, jumping two spots to number eleven. But how long will she last with the rush of new music hitting the airwaves?
12. Rihanna – “S & M”
- Rihanna proves once again that she’s a good girl gone bad with her kinky party song “S & M,” which rose from the fourteenth spot to the number twelve spot and is likely to keep on moving up the list.
13. Mike Posner – “Please Don’t Go”
- Listen, baby, please don’t go fallin’ off this list. Mike Posner dropped five spots landing in the thirteenth place, narrowly making the list this week. Perhaps next week he’ll gain a little momentum and
14. Rihanna – “Only Girl (In The World)”
- Rihanna might think she’s the only girl in the world, but all the other lovely female AMP artists are looking to make it on this list and it could be at the sacrifice of this song.
- “Memories” was one of the best songs of 2010, but is it finally losing it’s magic now that 2011 is here? David Guetta’s party anthem dropped an astounding five places. If it drops anymore, it’s fall off the list completely!