St. Patrick’s Day has a deeper meaning than green beer, shamrock shakes, “Kiss me…I’m Irish” t-shirts, and pinching people until they are blue if they forget to wear green.
It has a deeper meaning, but we’re AMP Radio and we are fine with our green frosted cupcakes and four-leaf clover Silly Bandz.
For many around the country, tonight is a giant party where people spend some green to puke up some green and what better way to celebrate green living than our list of the TOP TEN GREEN POP SONGS from some of our favorite AMP Radio artists like [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eminem[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beyonce[/lastfm], and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Lil’ Wayne[/lastfm].
10. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Cee-Lo Green[/lastfm]-“Forget You”
Ok, so we cheated on this one. It’s not really a green entitled song, but it’s by Cee-Lo Green and it’s about getting green with jealousy at another man and having enough “green” to keep a greedy gold diggin’ woman in your good graces.
So for all intents and purposes, this may be the “greenest” song on the list.
9. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Chris Brown[/lastfm] & [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jae Millz[/lastfm]-“Green Goblin”
The beat on this collab between Jae Millz and Chris Brown is intense and so are the money-grubbin’ lyrics:
“I got money, money my problem/Love doin’ math so it’s money I’m solvin’/Never. ever stoppin’, but these ni**as steady coppin’/So I’m ugly with the money/Ugly, ugly, Green Goblin.”
8. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Swizz Beatz[/lastfm]-“Sound of Color Green”
For this Swizz Beatz song and video, a few artists were commissioned to write songs about colors. Swizz Beatz chose green.
How does he interpret the color green through music? Car chases and scary clowns. Hmmm.
7. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Nelly Furtado[/lastfm]-“Grass is Green”
Nelly Furtado’s been a naughty girl, probably making her man’s eyes green with envy from the attention of another man while she was testing out how green the grass was on the other side of love:
“Oh yeah, the grass is green/But can you tell me, can you feel it, I just wanna feel it/Oh yeah, the grass is green/But I think I stained my jeans and now everybody knows that I been in it.”
6. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Snoop Dogg[/lastfm] &[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”] Limp Bizkit[/lastfm]-“Red Light, Green Light”
“Red light, Green light” is not only a game that you played as a child. It’s also a rock-rap song with Snoop Dogg and Limp Bizkit.
5. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]R. Kelly[/lastfm] & [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Jay Z.[/lastfm]-“Green Light”
Well, well, well. Remember that old adage that green M&Ms would make you…horny? Well, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]R. Kelly[/lastfm] is like one giant green M&M in his song with Jay Z. called “Green Light.”
That’s not shocking; Kelly is the king of raunchy scandal, this is just some debauchery of the green variety.
4. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]50 Cent[/lastfm]-“Green Lantern”
This song really has nothing to do with green beyond the title “Green Lantern,” but we’re ok with that because it’s 50 Cent and who are we to argue with 50 Cent?
The man can really do no wrong, even if he’s writing a song called Green Lantern (presumably for the movie coming out?) and it just a bunch of random nonsense gangsta rap.
3.[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”] Beyonce[/lastfm]-“Green Light”
Beyonce’s video for “Green Light” is so incredibly hot and we are green with envy over the fact that she always has perfectly choreographed background dancers with her.
We’d like some background dancers to follow us around wherever we go, but on St. Patrick’s Day, we’d like some leprechauns doing the jig with a couple pints of Guinness. We’d give them the green light. No question.
2. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Lil Wayne[/lastfm]-“Green ‘N Yellow”
In retaliation to [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Wiz Khalifa[/lastfm]’s “Black and Yellow” for his favorite football team, The Steelers, Lil’ Wayne wrote the song “Green and Yellow” for (eventual SuperBowl winners) the Packers.
Both Lil’ Wayne and Wiz Khalifa are well-acquainted with a different kind of green, but in the end Lil’ Wayne’s green team won. It pays to be green, even if (like Kermit the Frog says) it’s not easy.
1. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eminem[/lastfm]-“Green & Gold”
Alright. Eminem is obviously amazing and this rare Shady tune is a treat. A “Green & Gold” treat.
- What are some of your favorite songs about green? What are you doing tonight for St. Patrick’s Day? Let us know in the comments!