After all the PSA’s and stern warnings, it’s finally here — Carmageddon!
DUN, DUN, DUNNNN!!
Officials have advised everyone to stay off the road, but let’s get real: this is Los Angeles and we’ve got places to go and people to see.
So if you have to be out and about over the next few days, we’ve got the lowdown on what you can expect.
Carson spoke with Alicia Mathis, a captain for the Los Angeles Fire Department, to find out the major bullet points:
This weekend, construction crews are demolishing the Mulholland Drive Bridge in order to complete the 405 freeway widening project.
So while this may cause traffic jams right now, all this madness is aimed at reducing congestion in the long run.
What is the need-to-know info?
- The closure involves both the northbound and southbound lanes of the 405 from the 10 freeway up to the 101
- CalTrans will start shutting down the 405 freeway on and off-ramps at 7pm TONIGHT
- The actual freeway shutdown begins at 10pm, with a full closure by midnight
- Expect big delays on the nearby surface streets this weekend
- The 405 will re-open around 5am on Monday, all ramps and connectors should be back in action by 6am