We believe Heidi Klum said it best:
When it comes to fashion, you’re either in or you’re out.
Sure, some outfits are hits, but the majority of them are unforgettable misses!
So turn on those fashion police sirens and take a look back through the years at some of the worst VMA red carpet disasters!
10. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Cee Lo Green[/lastfm] — 2008
Can you think of a situation where man-pris are ever, EVER acceptable?
Nope. Neither could we.
Cee Lo, we never want to “forget you,” but can we forget this outfit…PLEASE?
9. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Katy Perry[/lastfm] — 2010
We’ll give Katy an A for effort, but this dress is a little too figure skater meets fancy dinner napkin.
We’re only letting it slide because that night, she emblazoned her fingernails with photos of her hubby, Russell Brand. Awww!
8. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Eminem[/lastfm] — 2003
Hey Slim Shady, you’re at an awards show, NOT the basketball court!
I mean seriously, even the muppet is disgusted.
7. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Kanye West[/lastfm] — 2005
Yeezy always makes an effort to be fashionable, but in 2005, this was just a little too [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Travolta[/lastfm]/Saturday Night Fever for our taste.
Kanye, just “runaway” from this ensemble!
6. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beyonce[/lastfm] — 2004
The hair, the hot pants AND bedazzled collar? It’s all so wrong, wrong, wrong!
We’ll let her get away with just a warning because this is pretty out of character for the usually stunning songstress.
5. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Britney Spears[/lastfm] — 2007
We won’t “hold it against her” for this huge fashion no-no.
This wasn’t the easiest year for the Princess of Pop and that was apparent in her wardrobe choice.
Thank goodness this was just a bump in the road! Brit Brit is famous for pulling out all the stops when it comes to VMA style savvy.
4. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Justin Timberlake[/lastfm] — 2000
Coming in at #4 is Britney’s most famous ex-boyfriend…who obviously hadn’t brought “SexyBack” yet!
Just because you were in a boy band back in those days doesn’t mean we can’t spot you right there in middle, JT!
We’re just not feeling the turtleneck sweater vibe and don’t even get us started on those pants!
3. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Ke$ha[/lastfm] — 2010
We’d have a sour expression like that too if we had just realized we were wearing a dress made out of trashbags and a cat’s tail.
2. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Lady Gaga[/lastfm] — 2010
Honestly, we couldn’t decide which outfit was worse!
Can you imagine being the poor sap stuck sitting next to Mama Monster and her meat dress? We sure hope the stench of rotting cow and hoards of flies don’t bug you!
And just between “You And I,” we STILL have nightmares about this creepy red lace dress and headpiece!
1. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Christina Aguilera[/lastfm] — 2001, 2002, 2003
And the honor of worst VMA style goes to…Miss Xtina (and she’s repeat offender)!
Gosh darnit, we had almost forgotten those dark days when she was Snooki-orange and rocking the black hair!
She’ll always be “Beautiful,” no matter what we say, but we begging you, Christina, find a new stylist!
- Which AMP artist do you think needs the most help in the style department? Send us your suggestions in the comments section!
If you liked this story, you may also enjoy: