The president is in town for a short visit today and you know what that means…TRAFFIC!
Yes, it’s a given that the Westside will be a mess and trust us, you don’t want to spend your entire afternoon stuck in that!
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of street closures so you can plan a detour.
About 1,500 people are expected to attend a benefit concert at the House of Blues at 4:30pm.
The event is hosted by Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson and features a performance from AMP Radio artist [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]B.o.B.[/lastfm]
After that wraps up, President Obama will head on over to Fig & Olive in Melrose for a private event.
The Sheriff’s Department released an advisory warning Los Angelenos:
Local access will be restricted in some areas. Residents, businesses, and visitors to West Hollywood are strongly encouraged to plan ahead to avoid any inconveniences.
Here’s a full list of the affected streets:
- Sunset Boulevard (from Doheny Drive to Sweetzer Avenue);
- Santa Monica Boulevard (from Doheny Drive to La Cienega Boulevard);
- Olive Drive (from Sunset Boulevard to Santa Monica Boulevard);
- Holloway Drive (front Sunset Boulevard to La Cienega Boulevard);
- La Cienega Boulevard (from Sunset Boulevard to Rosewood Avenue);
- Fountain Avenue (from La Cienega Boulevard to Sweetzer Avenue);
- Delongpre Avenue (from Fountain Avenue to Flores Street).
The following closure will be in effect from 6 a.m. Monday through noon Tuesday:
- San Vicente Boulevard (from Santa Monica Boulevard to Melrose Avenue)
Is your commute affected by the President’s visit? Do you have any shortcuts or tips to share? Be sure to let us know in the comments!
If you liked this story, you may also enjoy: