Is it just us or does the holiday season seem to get started earlier and earlier every year?
It doesn’t seem physically possible, but even a week before Thanksgiving, we’re already seeing the signs of winter starting to settle in here in Los Angeles.
Heck, even The Grove has already lit its Christmas tree!
All of us on the morning show piled in the studio this morning to talk about the little tell-tale signs that make us feel like the holidays are just around the corner.
This all got started when Carson saw the Boy Scouts in his neighborhood preparing to open a Christmas tree lot. When he brought that up, we couldn’t help but chime in.
So without further ado, here’s some of our personal favorites!
You Know It’s The Holidays When…
- Starbucks switches over to their holiday cups.
- You get your first Christmas card in the mail.
- Your calendar fills up with holiday school performances featuring your sibling, cousin, kid, etc..
- Your family gets into a huge debate about which Christmas tree to buy.
- Going to the mall is no longer fun.
- Your dad burns his arm hair off trying to light a fire in the fireplace.
- You ditch all your workouts to go to happy hour with friends.
- You go into Bed, Bath & Beyond and come out smelling like gingerbread cookies.
- You get the uncontrollable urge to put peppermint in everything!
- You have to get up early to go to Compton to get masa for tamales.
Carson asked you to call in to make your own additions to the list and one of our callers came up with some pretty funny ones!
Still not feeling the holiday spirit? Here’s a little music to get you in the mood!
- How do you know when the holidays are creeping up on you? Leave your favorite reasons below in the comments!
If you liked this story, you may also enjoy: