Los Angeles is without a doubt one of the best cities in the country. There is SO much to do on any given day that there really isn’t enough time in the year to explore everything. In fact, it is so amazing that there are many places that have yet to be discovered because sometimes we get in the rut of going to the same places over and over again.
So we decided to take the time to compile a list of 150 things to do in Los Angeles. The list has suggestions from our DJs, AMP-Tourage members, writers from ampradio.com, friends, family and a very special guest contributor named Jennalee from LA Wonders; a company who’s entire purpose is finding fun things to do in this city.
With everything from the well known to-dos like Hollywood Boulevard and Runyon Canyon, to the less known things like eating sushi at 2am on a kings throne this list has something for everyone.
So…in no particular order, here we go! 150 Things To Do In Los Angeles.
1. Trying every food truck one by one. Wilshire is great place to start. NOM NOM Truck is the best with their bahn mi sandwich.
2. Seeing movies at the Landmark on Pico. They have assigned seating and nothing makes me happier than choosing my theater seat in advance so I don’t have to race to get there.
3. Sampling Omakase sushi in LA. I am compiling a list of my favs!
4. Lunching on the beach.
5. Hitting the Rose Bowl flea market!
6. Driving the PCH in my Jeep with the top down.
7. Going to open houses on Sunday. I love the mid-century houses. The coolest stuff was made in LA in the 50’s.
9. Eating at Sugarfish in Brentwood.
10. Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Place.
11. Spending the day the Beach (duh).
13. Drinks on the patio at The Abbey!
14. Griffith Observatory, amazing view!
16. Checking out the fish at Aquarium of the Pacific.
17. Hiking Runyon Canyon.
19. Chowing down at Bossa Novas.
21. People watching at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
22. Bike riding along the coast of Hermosa Beach.
23. Movies at the Arclight Hollywood.
24. Browsing the shelves of Amoeba Records.
27. Don’t forget to go on the TMZ tour!!
28. Enjoying the view at Dukes in Malibu.
29. Playing volleyball in Huntington or Manhattan Beach.
And more from other AMP radio staff and awesome contributors…
30. Bet on the horse races at Santa Anita Race Track.
31. Get a burger at the famous In & Out.
32. Catch a double feature at the New Beverly Cinema.
33. Take a (safe) drive down Mullholland Drive.
34. Eat amazing Pho at Pho Cafe in Silverlake.
35. Rocky Horror Picture show at the Nuart.
36. Dance in the drum circle at Venice Beach.
37. Bowl with celebrities at Lucky Strike.
38. Hike to the Hollywood sign.
39. Roller skate at World on Wheels.
40. Eat an amazing deli meal at Canters.
41. Shop at the Melrose Trading Post for only $2.
42. Sit in a throne and eat sushi after 2am at Sushi Kingz in Hollywood.
43. Magic Castle. Need we say more?
44. Pack a dinner and see a show at the iconic Hollywood Bowl.
45. Ride the bull at Saddle Ranch.
46. Take a Bikram yoga class.
47. Food court lunch at the Beverly Center.
48. Artwalk in Downtown LA On Thursday nights.
49. Dress dapper and hang at The Edison.
50. Check out the latest art exhibition at the world-famous LACMA.
51. See a movie at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
52. Buy some local art at the Venice Beach Boardwalk.
53. You can’t miss seeing the exhibits at The Getty.
54. Go boutique shopping in Silverlake at Sunset Junction.
55. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Huntington Botanical Gardens in San Marino.
56. Grab some drink’s at Old Tony’s on the Redondo Beach Pier.
57. Head to the South Bay and relax at the Hermosa Beach Pier
58. Visit the Korean Friendship Bell in San Pedro.
59. Lunch at Barney’s Greengrass.
60. Take the Metro somewhere… anywhere!
62. Have a picnic at Roxbury park.
64. After hiking, grub down at the Reel Inn.
65. Jimmy Kimmel Live! A totally fun, free, “Hollywood” experience! You can pick up tickets at 1iota.com.
66.Go shopping or eat some pizza on Abbot Kinney in Venice.
67. Laugh your butt off at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater. They have some shows for only $5!
68. Create your own star tour! so many films/shows/music videos etc are filmed here. Look up filming locations of your favorite movies and shows and check it out on your own, rather than paying for a star tour and cramming in a van with 14 people you don’t know.
69. Grab some food at the farmers market at The Grove.
70. Sample some fine wine at the Malibu Vineyards Tasting Room.
72. Check out one of the many fun festivals including Wine Riot LA, Pasadena Wine Fest, LA Times Food & Wine Fest, International Wine Fest, Temecula Wine & Hot Air Balloon Festival, Drink Eat Play:Beer Fest, Taste of Beverly Hills.
73. Whale watch during Dec-March (best times to see the whales migrating) out of Marina Del Rey, Redondo Beach, Long Beach, Newport, Dana Point.
74. See a show at Pantages theater
75. Get a snake dog at The Trails near Griffith Park.
76. Roller Skating at the Echoplex.
77. Catch a show at The Troubadour.
78. Learn to sail.
79. Kayak the caves in La Jolla.
80. Twilight Dance and Music at the Santa Monica Pier.
81. Saturday Off the 405 at The Getty.
82. Abalone Cove Shoreline Park w/tide pools (touch starfish, fish & other marine life)
83. Angel-City Drive-In Devil’s Night
84. Check out the Outdoor Cinema Food Fest.
85. See a show at The Greek Theater.
86. We mentioned hiking, but how about Laurel Canyon, Beachwood, or Outpost Estates. Get to Runyon canyon from the north end of Fuller Avenue in West Hollywood. Get to Laurel Canyon from the North end of Laurel Boulevard in West Hollywood (behind the Chateau Marmont!). Get to Beachwood canyon from the north end of Beachwood drive in Hollywood. Get to outpost estates from Outpost drive in Hollywood.
87. You have to try Philippe, The Original French Dip!
89. Hang out at the Arboretum Botanical Gardens in Pasadena (also where the Pasadena Wine Fest is held)
90. Have a bon-fire at the fire pits on the beach of Dockweiler State Beach.
91. Walk around historic Olvera Street in DTLA.
92. Browse the LA Fashion District…it’s the Canal St of LA!
93. Go antiquing in Ventura.
95. Spend the day at the Norton Simon Museum.
96. Check out the famous Watts Towers.
97. Underwood Family Farms pick your own veggies, fruit, flowers, herbs..almost anything and everything. Tanaka Farms -pick your own strawberries.
98. Talk a walk around the La Brea Tar Pits.
99. Explore the Venice Canals.
100. Follow @SprinklesMobile and grab one of their well-known cupcakes for FREE
101. Day trips: San Clemente, La Jolla, San Diego, San Juan Capistrano (including the Mission), Malibu, San Luis Obispo, Old Towne Orange, Catalina Island, Santa Barbara.
105. Stop and smell the roses in the Flower District.
106. Walt Disney Concert Hall – free walking tours.
107. Get fancy on Rodeo Drive.
109. Get a hot dog at Pinks!
111. Golf at Trump Golf in Palos Verdes.
112. Take a ride on Angels Flight.
113. Bergamot Station in Santa Monica.
114. Learn more about Victorian-era Los Angeles at the Heritage Square Museum in Highland Park.
115. Grab dinner at Shoreline Village in Long Beach.
116. Take the Dearly Departed Tour.
117. Explore the beauty of Greystone Mansion & Park.
118. The Gold Room in echo park (a shot of tequila, a beer and UNLIMITED tacos for $5).
119. Dub Club at the Echoplex (every Wednesday night the dj plays reggae music and performers free style over the music).
120. La Cita in Downtown LA (dope bar AND Lady Gaga celebrated her 25th birthday there).
121. Getting breakfast any time of the day at The Pantry in DTLA (fun fact: it has NEVER closed since the first day it opened).
122. Hang out with wax figures of your favorite celebs at Madame Tussaud’s.
123. Shop for produce at the Hollywood Farmers Market.
124. Walk around LA Live.
125. Date night at Paint Lab in Santa Monica.
126. Do free Yoga at Runyon canyon.
127. Enjoy a mojito at Paradise Cove in Malibu.
128. Check out stylish people and celebs like Ryan Gosling at Intelligentsia in Silverlake.
129. Learn some music history at The Grammy Museum.
130. Grab a slice at House Of Pies on Vermont & Franklin.
131. Catch an old school film at the Silent Theater on Fairfax.
132. Horseback through Malibu. Book it here: http://www.maliburiders.com/
133. Check out a Derby Dolls match.
134. Camp in Angeles National Forest.
135. Get a chakra healing or tarot card reading at House Of Intuition in Silverlake.
137. Salsa dancing at the music center in downtown.
138. Go golfing in Simi Valley.
140. Shop at the Citadel outlets.
141. Drink a cup of the strongest coffee ever at Kings Road Cafe in West Hollywood.
142. Enjoy a huge pretzel and beer at the Venice Beer Garden (On the Waterfront Cafe)
145. Tutor kids in reading, writing, and awesomeness at 826la with locations in Echo Park and Venice Beach.
146. Visit the Queen Mary.
147. Go on a spiritual journey in a Native American sweat lodge at the Wild Rose in Pasadena.
148. Go para-sailing in Marina Del Rey.
149. Spend an evening Rat Pack style with great Italian food and live performances at Columbo’s Italian Restaurant and Night Club in Eagle Rock.
150. Go see a creepy-amazing puppet show at the Bob Baker Marionette Show in Downtown.
- Want to try and hit every single one of these? Here is a printable version of our list for you to check off where you’ve been!