Producer Angie Breaks Down The Least Healthy Halloween Candy!
October 31, 2012 12:10 PM
Carson Daly Read More
It’s Halloween and while most of us have no qualms about gorging on Snickers bars and candy corn, we realize there are some of you out there who are trying to be health-conscious.
- WORST FUN SIZE CANDY BAR: A Butterfinger fun size bar contains 100 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 10 grams of sugar. Instead, snack on a 3 Musketeers, which only has 63 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 10 grams of sugar.
- WORST CLASSIC FRUIT CANDY: Airheads seem harmless, but they’re full of sugar, filler carbohydrates, artificial colors and flavors, and partially hydrogenated oils. Grab a Dum Dum instead. The sucker has 77 calories, 105 grams of sugar, and no fat!
- WORST MINIATURE CANDY BAR: There’s no doubt about it, Twix are delicious, but with 150 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 15 grams of sugar, it’s not too kind to the waistline. Men’s Health suggests indulging in an old-fashioned Tootsie Roll. It clocks in at 70 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, and 9.5 grams of sugar.
- WORST CHEWY CANDY: Brach’s Milk Maid Caramels may look tiny and harmless, but it contains a boatload of saturated fat! Save yourself the heart disease and chew on 4 pieces of Now and Laters, which contain a reasonable 53 calories, .5 gram of fat, and 10 grams of sugar.
- WORST SEASONALLY-THEMED CANDY: Chocolate and peanut butter are such a yummy combo, but the festive pumpkin-shaped version contains 2/3 more calories than the O.G. Reese’s cup. We love getting festive, but we’ll stick with circular ones this time around to save ourselves from some extra time at the gym.
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles