Lakers Hire Mike D’Antoni, Not Phil Jackson…Carson Daly Makes A Pros & Cons List!
Lakers fans are waking up to quite a surprise this morning.
After the pro basketball franchise unceremoniously fired Mike Brown on Friday, it was widely expected that former coach Phil Jackson would step in to take the reigns.
Well not so fast! Earlier today, we found out that the Lakers have hired former Phoenix Suns coach Mike D’Antoni instead!
Carson’s still trying to figure out how he feels about the new addition, so naturally, he made a pros and cons list!
- He already has a working relationship with Nash: “[D'Antoni] worked with Steve Nash in Phoenix at a high level when Steve Nash won two MVPs, so he’s familiar with our new point guard,” Carson pointed out.
- He’s fresh meat: Carson and Producer Angie couldn’t agree upon whether this was actually a pro or con, but at the end of the day, he’s a new person that can offer a fresh prospective and game plan for the storied franchise.
- D’Antoni is the man responsible for Linsanity: “He was more recently the coach of the New York Knicks when the Knicks were horrible! He was there for four years and successfully turned that ball club around,” Carson said. “He’s not there now, he left in March, but look at the Knicks now. They’re undefeated, they’re great. All of that greatness came on Mike D’Antoni’s watch.”
- Kobe’s a fan: Bryant told ESPN this morning, “I love PJ but I’m very excited about D’Antoni.” And when Kobe’s happy, we’re all happy!
- D’Antoni will go to all the road games: There are reports that Phil Jackson couldn’t commit to the full road schedule, so at least D’Antoni’s on board for the whole enchilada.
- D’Antoni is not Phil Jackson: ‘Nuff said. “He’s not what we imagined,” Carson explained.
Looks like the pros far outweigh the cons…welcome to Los Angeles, Mike D’Antoni!
Take a listen to the rest of Carson’s thoughts below:
- Do you think Mike D’Antoni will help reinvigorate the Lakers or do you prefer Phil Jackson? Sound off in the comments section!
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles