Lance Armstrong Admits To Performance-Enhancing Drug Use During Oprah Interview
It’s the announcement we all knew was coming, but still can’t believe.
He made the shocking confession during an interview to air Thursday on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
Oprah appeared on CBS This Morning to talk about the experience.
Winfrey explained that while he “did not come clean in the manner that [she] expected,” she was “satisfied by the answers.”
Hours before the interview, the seven-time Tour de France winner reportedly apologized for his actions to several members of the Livestrong foundation.
Here are a few other tidbits from Oprah’s big interview.
- Winfrey prepared 112 questions and was able to ask most of them.
- She says Armstrong was “emotional” at times.
- At the end of the interview, both Winfrey and Armstrong were exhausted and satisfied.
- Armstrong’s lawyers were not in the room during the interview taping.
Lance Armstrong’s two-part interview will air Thursday and Friday at 9/8c on OWN.
- How do you feel about Armstrong’s surprising confession? Sound off in the comments section.
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles