New Toxicology Report Suggests Actress Brittany Murphy May Have Been Poisoned
HOLLYWOOD HILLS (CBSLA.com) — A new toxicology report suggests rat poison may have killed actress Brittany Murphy.
Murphy died from pneumonia in 2009, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner. Her husband, 40-year-old Simon Monjack, also passed away from the same ailment five months later.
In 2011, the late actress’ mother claimed the two died from ‘toxic mold’ and said the couple’s home was to blame.
Angelo Bertolotti, Murphy’s estranged father, sued the Los Angeles Police Department and the coroner in 2012, alleging the investigation into his daughter’s death was mishandled.
Bertolotti won the right to have Murphy’s hair, blood and tissue tested by an independent company, which found the actress had high concentrations of ten heavy metals in her system and that she may have been intentionally poisoned.
The Carlson Company’s results were obtained and published by The Examiner.
Heavy metals are commonly found in rat and insect killers and the website reports the metals can cause the symptoms Murphy experienced prior to her death.
Read More on cbsLA.com