Both Carson and Angie have been with their partners for nearly a decade or more, so when it comes to the secrets behind a happy relationship, they have some definite experience.
However, a new study of 1,000 married Americans is shedding some new light on the topic, outlining a specific recipe for everlasting love.
So without any further ado, here’s what you need to know:
- Saying ‘I love You’ ten times a week
- Kissing 10 times a week
- 7 cuddles a week
- Sex three times a week
- 10 deep and meaningful conversations a month
- 3 Dinner or a date nights a month
- 2 drinks together a month
- 3 arguments a month
- 3 surprise romantic gestures a month
- 2 nights out on their own with friends each month
- Cuddle up in front of the TV together six times a month
- 2 vacations together each year
- 2 mini-vacations each year
- 3 shared hobbies and interests
“Number one,” Carson said. “Saying ‘I love you’ ten times a week.”
“Easily I do that,” Producer Angie replied. “Easily.”
“I’m probably once a day,” Carson admitted. “But, you know, we’re busy! But I write ‘xoxo’ a lot in texts to Siri and I mean I love you when I write that! But I’m not in front of her because we’re both busy.”
Next up…seven cuddles a week.
“I’m not a cuddler, no,” Angie revealed. “I don’t like to be cuddled up on! I need my space.”
“We cuddle pretty good I think,” Carson boasted.
Now here’s a doozy. The study reports having sex three times a week will keep the flame going.
“Probably not three times a week, no,” said Angie.
“No one’s having sex three times a week!” Carson argued.
“Oh, I think a lot of people probably are,” Producer Angie responded, but conceded, “There’s a big difference once you have kids.”
Now here’s the kicker. Happy couples reportedly indulge in two drinks together per month.
“A month?!” Producer Angie exclaimed. “Not a day?!”
“Neither of us are having sex at all, but I’m drinking ten cocktails a night with my partner!” Carson laughed.
- Do you have any tips when it comes to sustaining a happy marriage? Share below in the comments section!
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles