Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, folks. WE REPEAT: tomorrow!
So if you’ve been procrastinating on buying that gift for the love of your life, Uber has got you covered.
For one day only, app subscribers in New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, and San Diego can surprise their significant other with a love letter written across the skies.
Yes, for the low, low price of $500, a skywriting plane will broadcast your romantic message of 12 characters or less!
Here’s how it works:
- Open the Uber app anytime between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. this Friday, 2/14
- Brainstorm a romantic message consisting of no more than 12 characters
- Request the UberSKY option in the app
- Confirm the $500 price tag and wait for an Uber rep to call you
- Relay your message to the rep and they will tell you when you can expect to see it
Uber warns that demand will be high, so don’t worry if you can’t submit your order on the first try.
If that all seems a little too extravagant for your style, the ride-share company has also teamed up with ProFlowers. Every rider who uses Uber on February 14 will likely receive a rose or special ProFlowers card from their driver.
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles