Northbound 405 Freeway To Shut Down For Jamzilla
It’s a bird, it’s a plane…no, it’s JAMZILLA!
Beginning Presidents Day weekend, Metro is planning for an 80-hour closure on the northbound lanes to pave a future carpool lane.
Dubbed “Jamzilla,” lanes from Getty Center Drive to Ventura Boulevard will be completely shut down during the following hours:
- Friday, Feb. 14 – 1 a.m. to 6 a.m
- Saturday, Feb. 15 – 2 a.m. to 7 a.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 16 – 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 17 – 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
There will also be daytime lane reductions and Interstate 10 connectors to the 405 will be shut down.
The southbound 405 will remain fully open during the day, but may experience some partial lane closures during the overnight hours.
Officials warn that Sepulveda Boulevard won’t be able to handle all of the diverted traffic and recommend these detours:
- From the eastbound 10 to the 405, drivers should take the northbound 110 Freeway and the northbound 101 Freeway to the 405.
- From the westbound 10, drivers should take the northbound 5 Freeway, westbound 134 Freeway and northbound 101 to the 405.
- How do you plan to avoid Jamzilla? Do you think it will be as bad as the hype suggests or just another flop like Carmageddon? Let us know in the comments section!
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles