According to a recent study, Americans are pretty clueless when it comes to technology.
The LA Times recently reported that when surveyed about common tech terms, 11% of people thought HTML, a special type of code used to create websites, was a sexually transmitted disease!
We consider ourselves to be a smart bunch here at AMP Radio. At least half of us graduated from community college!
Think those over for a minute. Do you know what all of those words mean?
Find out how Producer Angie fared:
- 27% described a “gigabyte” as an insect commonly found in South America.
- 42% said they believed a “motherboard” was “the deck of a cruise ship.”
- 23% thought an “MP3” was a “Star Wars” robot.
- 18% identified “Blu-ray” as a marine animal.
- 15% defined “software” as comfortable clothing.
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles