We’re pretty stoked that we’ve been able to host our AMPLIFY shows at such an iconic venue in Los Angeles. The Hollywood Palladium is part of this city’s musical history, and while it’s obvious why the venue is so great, we thought it would be cool to find out some history about the place.
We asked our friends over at the venue to send us some info, and they absolutely delivered. Here are some facts you may not know yet:
- The first performer to grace the stage was a then, 24 year old Frank Sinatra. He played with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra during Opening Night in October of 1940. Can you imagine what that must have been like? Too cool.
- The ribbon used during the ribbon cutting ceremony was covered in orchids.
- The venue has hosted other things outside of shows, including an event to honor Martin Luther King Jr. after his Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, fundraisers attended by former President John F. Kennedy, and more.
- Jay-Z played the re-opening of the venue after it was acquired by Live Nation. He was backed by a 12 piece orchestra.
- In the late 60’s the venue hosted major rock bands like the Rolling Stones, The Who, The Grateful Dead and more.
Ticket giveaways coming soon. Stay tuned.