Coachella 2014: What NOT to Wear
There will be a lot of fashion guides coming out over the couple of weeks giving full detail of things you should rock at Coachella 2014.
It will likely consist of flowing bohemian style garb, in addition to maybe some Aztec inspired something, and flower head bands. We’re not knocking any of these things, and feel that you should be able to express yourself however you want to at any given moment, anywhere you want.
However, there are a few obvious fashion choices that you should likely avoid if you’re heading to the desert this year. Here are some of our suggestions:
1) All Black – Like, duh. This one is a captain obvious statement but with temperatures usually reaching well into the 100’s, covering yourself in all black is a terrible, skin burning mistake to be made. Be careful.
2) One Piece Jumpsuits – While VERY cute, perhaps a Porto-potty laden environment isn’t the right place for this piece of attire. No one wants to spend more than a few minutes inside an overheated poo compartment, so wearing something difficult to get in and out of is not a good idea.
3) Spikes – This one is really for the safety of those around you. Let’s face it, this festival is jam packed with people and if you are covered in a spikey shouldered blouse you may hurt someone.
4) Metallic – While beautiful, perhaps this is one weekend to leave your metallic clothing items in the closet. It’s sunny, REALLY sunny in the desert, and you may cause your neighbor to go blind. It’s just a courtesy thing, truly.
5) Stiletto High Heels – The Coachalla Valley Music & Arts Festival takes place on a beautiful grassy field that is perfect for you to walk around on in comfortable flats. Or, if you want to sink into the ground below you ever time you take a step, you could wear stilettos.
That should cover most of it, but if we are missing anything, please let us know.
-Sasha Huff, 97.1 AMP Radio / Los Angeles