DUI Checkpoints In Los Angeles For Labor Day Weekend
By Nadia Noir
With great drunkenness comes great responsibility and the greatest responsibility of all is to not drink and drive. That being said, if one of your friends got roped into being the completely sober designated driver for your sloshed-up barbecue hopping, they’ll want to avoid these part of town. And maybe keep some bottles of water and a pizza in the glove compartment for friends in need.
Not all the locations are listed, but the LAPD gives these spots out to the rule-following citizens for efficiency since they are less likely to break the law in the first place.
“People having foresight aren’t the ones who are committing this crime,” said LAPD Chief Charlie Beck in an interview with LAist. “People who are thinking ahead aren’t the ones that this checkpoint is likely to catch. I think that the publicity surrounding these things is so important that if you give a couple of locations, that’s fine.”
Here are some of the checkpoints, as listed by LAist.
Friday, August 29:
– DUI checkpoint at Vermont Avenue and 6th Street in the Koreatown from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– DUI checkpoint at Roscoe Boulevard and Gloria Avenue in North Hills from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– DUI checkpoint at Figueroa Street and 9th Street in downtown from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Saturday, August 30:
– DUI checkpoint at Avalon Boulevard and Opp Street in Wilmington from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m.
– DUI checkpoint at Sunset Boulevard and Laveta Terrace in Echo Park from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– DUI checkpoint at Sherman Way and Yolanda Avenue in Reseda from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– DUI checkpoint at Olympic Boulevard and Blaine Street in Pico-Union from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Sunday, August 31:
– saturation patrol in the Harbor Area from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Nothing’s listed for the actual Labor Day, so we say take a cab or an Uber that day. Stay safe and be bad in the least bad way possible.