Juan Gabriel had just started his MeXXico Es Todo tour when he performed to a sold-out crowd at The Forum Friday, August 26.
Sadly, it would be his last performance. Sunday morning, police were called to a Santa Monica residence where Juan Gabriel passed away of a heart attack at age 66.
The legendary Mexican singer and songwriter received recognition for his definitive contributions to Latin music throughout his career, which spanned over 40 years. In 2001, a statue of Juan Gabriel was erected in Mexico City’s Plaza Garibaldi and in 2009, the Latin Grammys named him the Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year.
Perez also talked about the 2016 VMAs performances and best and worst dressed, Reggaeton artist J Balvin survived a plane crash over the weekend, Maria Carey’s sister was arrested, NFL San Francisco 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick caught heat for refusing stand for the National Anthem in solidarity with Black Lives Matter, Justin Bieber reactivated his Instagram account after coming back from celebrating his girlfriend Sophia Ritchie’s birthday in Mexico, Drake got Rihanna a billboard in Time Square to celebrate her Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, and there might be a TV show about Lou Pearlman.
For all the details, get the full stories from the links below
- The Craziest Moments From The MTV VMA Red Carpet & Show
- Best & Worst MTV VMA Red Carpet And Performance Fashion
- Reggaeton Star J Balvin Survives Small Plane Crash
- Mariah Carey’s Sister Alison Arrested On Prostitution Charge
- NFL Quarterback Colin Kaepernick Refuses To Stand For National Anthem
- Justin Bieber Returns To Instagram After Just Two Weeks
- Justin Bieber Surprises Sofia Richie With Birthday Getaway To Mexico
- Drake Congratulates Rihanna With A Billboard
-Elena Kimball, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles