By Sarah Carroll
Producer Angie is a junk food junkie. Not that long ago, she used to eat a Snickers candy bar every morning for breakfast!
And it’s no secret that she likes to partake in a glass or two of wine most days.
So, we really weren’t that surprised when she came upon a list of the best junk food and wine pairings.
Here’s what you should try the next time you’re pigging out…
1. Doritos: Sparkling Lambrusco. The bubbly Italian red wine is a perfect match because the carbonation cuts “through the chips’ oily charisma.”
2. Barbecue potato chips: Rosé.
3. Slim Jims: Red zinfandel. It’s a spicier wine, so it pairs beautifully with spiced meat.
4. Kraft Macaroni & Cheese: Chardonnay. The “buttery” notes of the wine compliment the creaminess of the mac and cheese. You can also pair chardonnay with popcorn.
5. Grilled cheese sandwich: Pinot noir.
6. Froot Loops: Australian sparkling shiraz. The sweet wine tastes great with anything fruity.
Click HERE for even more delicious pairings!