KAMP- Electric Summer Car #1
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the KAMP- Electric Summer Car #1 promotion (the “Promotion”), which is being conducted by KAMP (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on Monday, June 12, 2017 and ends on Friday, June 23, 2017 (the “Promotion Dates”).
- To participate in the Promotion, entrant may enter by phone, online, or on Facebook beginning on June 12, 2017 at 7:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ending on June 23, 2017 at 11:59pm PT (the “Entry Period”) as follows:
- To enter, on-air, listen to the Station each weekday beginning on June 12, 2017 and ending on June 23, 2017 for the announcement of the song of the day (“Song”) that will be announced on-air at approximately 7:10am PT each weekday morning during the On-Air Entry Period. Then listen for the rest of the day between the hours of 7:10am PT and 11:59pm PT during the Entry Period for the start of the song to play. When the song begins to play, the 20th caller to get through to the Station contest line at 1-877-971-4487 will become a Qualifier and be eligible to win the Grand Prize (“Qualifier”), upon confirmation of eligibility. At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes the call will be a Qualifier. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to qualify, but a listener may be a Qualifier only once. There will be a total of one-hundred (100) Qualifiers selected on-air during the Promotion Dates.
- There will be approximately one-hundred and one (101) Qualifiers selected in the Promotion; one hundred (100) Qualifiers selected on-air and one (1) Qualifier selected online. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner selected at the conclusion of the Promotion.
- Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air. The Station is not responsible for online streaming delays.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older and who reside in the state of California. Employees, officers, directors of the Station, CBS Radio Inc., their corporate affiliates, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, participating sponsors, prize suppliers, their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and other radio stations in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Listeners are eligible to win prize(s) valued over $50 or ticket prize(s) valued over $100 (per ticket) in a Station-conducted Promotion only once every thirty (30) days and prize(s) valued at $600 or more only once every sixty (60) days and only once per year if prize is valued at $1000.00 or more. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted promotion.
- The winner(s) will be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize(s). The Grand Prize winner must have a valid California driver’s license, Social Security Number, and qualify for automotive insurance. The winner(s) must provide valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize(s).
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Any entrant or prize winner who is found to have sold or given away their prize will be disqualified from participating and winning any CBS Radio contest for a minimum of two (2) years.
- The prize is a thirty-six (36) month lease of a 2017 Chevrolet Volt. The lease shall have a limit of 10,000 miles per year; for mileage in excess of this limit, the prize winner (lessee) shall be responsible for payment of a mileage overage fee of $0.25 per mile. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is $11,450; such figure is based on similar term leases of vehicle. The prize winner must agree to the terms and conditions of the lease of the vehicle. In order to qualify as a lessee, the prize winner must meet credit criteria established by the lessor. The Grand Prize winner must meet AHFC credit criteria including an above average score or better. Prize’s actual retail value may vary from the ARV stated herein due to the selection of options, accessories, or delivery location. The prize winner shall be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes, including sales tax, as well as title, plate fees, registration and documentation fees, insurance (proof of which must be shown prior to taking possession of vehicle), dealer preparation fees and destination charges (if any), excess wear and tear, operating and maintenance expenses and any other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize. Selection of vehicle color, options and equipment will be determined by Station in its sole discretion and will be based on dealer stock/availability. Dealer incentives or rebates will not be credited or applied to any vehicle lease won. The exact car will be available for pick up (Winner responsible for tax and license) within 2 weeks. Winner must take possession of vehicle at a dealership designated by the Station or its designee within thirty (30) days following winning or whenever winner’s vehicle becomes available. Winner is solely responsible for all costs associated with any permitted or available vehicle upgrade/option package and/or accessories. If required by law, winner must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and proof of insurance to take delivery. Vehicle lease awarded may differ from any vehicle shown in Promotion materials. The prize is provided as is. Neither the Promotion Entities nor the dealer/retailer have made or are responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply.
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Unless stated otherwise by promotions. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed or shipped to the winner(s), it will be with the prior written consent of the winner(s) and therefore, winner(s) assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize(s) or prize certificate(s).
- Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment or cash equivalent of prize(s) is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, and are not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- One-hundred and one (101) Qualifiers will be selected on-air in the Promotion as described above in Section 1i of these Official Rules. One (1) qualifier will be selected online in the Promotion on Saturday, June 24, 2017 at approximately 10:00am PT in a random drawing of all online and Facebook entries received.
- The one-hundred and one (101) Qualifiers will be invited to attend the Grand Prize Event on Sunday, June 25, 2017 beginning at 11:00am PT and ending around 1:00pm PT at Buena Park Downtown, 8308 On the Mall, Buena Park, CA 90620. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected from the eligible Qualifiers. All Qualifiers must be present to be eligible for the Grand Prize Event. The Qualifiers must register with Station staff and complete all paperwork between 11:00am PT and 11:30am PT on Sunday, June 25, 2017. Any Qualifier who is not present at Buena Park Downtown by 11:30am PT on Sunday, June 25, 2017 will forfeit his/her chance to win the Grand Prize. No proxies or stand-ins will be allowed. At the time of registration, each Qualifier will be assigned a number in chronological order (first person to sign in is assigned number one (1), the next person to sign in is assigned number two (2), etc.) At 12:00pm PT, the Station will conduct a series of eliminations.
– Round 1: Qualifiers will line up in numerical order according to the number they were assigned at registration and, one at a time, randomly pick a black envelope off of a wooden board. Inside each envelope there will be a metal key. There will be forty (40) keys that are numbered 1-40 and sixty-one (61) keys that are blank. Each of the sixty-one (61) key holders without a number on their key will be eliminated. The remaining forty (40) Qualifiers who possess numbered keys will become Quarter-Finalists. In the event that less than one-hundred and one (101) Qualifiers are present and checked in with Station staff on time, the number of envelopes will correspond to the number of qualifiers present and checked in.
- Round 2: All forty (40) Quarter-Finalists will then line-up in numerical order based on the number on their key. There will be forty (40) plastic pineapple cups displayed on a table. Inside the plastic pineapple cup will be a piece of paper. There will be twenty (20) pieces of paper inside the cup numbered 1-20 and twenty (20) pieces of paper inside the cup that will be blank. Each Semi-Finalist will be given a chance to select a plastic pineapple cup in numeric order based on the number on their keys. Each Quarter-Finalist will be given the opportunity to pick one (1) plastic pineapple cup of their choice. If a Quarter-Finalist chooses a plastic cup with an unnumbered piece of paper, then he or she will be eliminated. The twenty (20) Quarter-Finalists who choose the piece of paper with numbers will become Semi-Finalists and will get to move on to the next round.
- Round 3: Semi-Finalists will then line up in numerical order according to the number on the piece of paper they chose, and one at a time take their turn at picking a toy flamingo that will be displayed sticking out of a box. There will be twenty (20) toy flamingos displayed sticking out of a box and only ten (10) will have a number marked on the bottom of the flamingo. The ten (10) Semi-Finalists who choose a toy flamingo that is not numbered will be eliminated. The ten (10) Semi-Finalists who choose a toy flamingo that is numbered will move on to the final round.
– Final Round: Starting with the lowest number, Finalists who have a numbered toy flamingo may have an opportunity to start the car. One at a time and in order based on the numbers listed on the toy flamingos, Finalists will be given a numbered key that corresponds to the number on the toy flamingo and one (1) opportunity to use their key to start the car. The first Finalist who successfully starts the car with their key will win the Grand Prize and the Promotion will end immediately. No additional Finalists will be allowed to attempt to start the car once the first Finalist has started it.
- Odds of winning a Qualifying Prize depend upon the number and order of calls received. Odds of a Qualifier becoming a Finalist are 10 in 101. Odds of a Finalist winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 10 but may be greater depending on the number of Qualifiers present at the Grand Prize Event.
- Qualifying Prize winners must listen to the Station to win a Qualifying Prize but do not need to be present to win a Qualifying Prize. The Grand Prize winner does not need to listen to the Station to win the Grand Prize but must be present on Sunday, June 25, 2017 at the Grand Prize Event to win the Grand Prize.
- Potential on-air Qualifying Prize winners will be notified of winning at the time of their winning phone calls. Potential online Qualifying Prize winner will be notified of winning by phone immediately following the random drawing. Potential Finalists will be notified of being selected as a Finalist by phone immediately following the Finalist drawing. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified of winning at the conclusion of the Grand Prize Event on Sunday, June 25, 2017. Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s).
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). The winner(s) may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its designees to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize(s) won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification or permission, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from any prize(s) awarded and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winner(s), unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize(s); (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection or equipment malfunctions or any other technological problems or failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station’s or its Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or (ii) is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station may disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Promotions and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s).
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by Sunday, June 25, 2017 to “KAMP- Electric Summer Car #1 – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, KAMP-FM 5901 Venice Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90034. For the names of the prize winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 25, 2017 to the above address marked “KAMP- Electric Summer Car #1 – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at amp.radio.com.
Administrator/Sponsor: KAMP-FM 5901 Venice Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90034